Today’s business world requires that businesses create, foster, and encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace to be successful. Doing so stimulates innovation; drives better decisions; makes teams more agile; and results in better business outcomes for employees and customers. These improvements result in higher levels of employee engagement and better financial performance.
The Monitoring Association (TMA) and Security Systems News have partnered to create the NEW Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Award with the goal of promoting and fostering a more inclusive workforce throughout the security industry.
The idea for the “TMA/SSN Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Award” emerged from a small working group comprised of TMA CEO Celia T. Besore; TMA President-Elect Steve Butkovich, SSN Former Editor Paul Ragusa, and staff in 2021. The award will be given to TMA members who demonstrate a commitment to DEI policies and programs across their organization.
The TMA/SSN DEI Leadership Award aims to:
- Raise industry awareness of the importance and value of being a diverse and inclusive industry.
- Recognize TMA member organizations who have developed innovative initiatives to foster DEI efforts within their organization.
- Initiatives may include new hiring policies; practices to create and retain diverse candidate pools; best practices for facilitating difficult dialogue; and how to create an effective diversity program within your organization.
- Inspire business strategies and industry best practices that reach out to diverse populations.
- Through analysis and sharing of the information obtained from the TMA/SSN DEI Employee Assessment Survey, organizations across the industry can gain valuable insights into the development or improvement of their own DEI policies and programs.
For additional information, contact Leigh McGuire at (703) 622-9516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.