Many thanks to each of you! With your support and participation, TMA has advanced the following initiatives over the past year:
- The ASAP-to-PSAP service continues its exponential growth this year, with 135 active ECCs and plans to reach 140 by year-end. ASAP now covers over 15% of the US population, that’s over 50,000,000 people nationwide!
- The 2023 Mid-Year Meeting was delivered virtually over the course of three days in April. Session topics covered business development best practices, cybersecurity, media relations, legal affairs, tech advancements and notable leadership and industry trends.
- This year, TMA’s OPSTech program was held in Lafayette, LA where we elevated our meeting experience by holding the event at host-company Acadian Monitoring’s ambulance training school instead of a hotel, enriching our program with on-site tours, interactive workshop, and targeted breakout discussions. The new extended engagement platform meant that only 8 of the 12 sessions could be offered virtually.
- Since January 1, 2023, we have sold nearly 1,700 online Operator Level 1 & 2 Courses, with 1,453 students having successfully completed courses.
- A comprehensive upgrade of TMATraining.org has streamlined the process for training managers to bulk-purchase courses, monitor student progress, and navigate the electronic catalog, further enhanced by a partnership with The CMOOR Group to provide TMA members with discounted access to a state licensing tracking tool.
- TMA is elevating alarm response education by developing three AVS-01 operator training modules, launching a dedicated domain, and publishing an influential white paper to drive industry collaboration and encourage adoption of the AVS-01 standard.
- The NextGen group continued with its well-received Meet Your Mentor To date, co-chairs Ryan Brady and Jessica Lambert have conducted 11 video interviews with respected industry leaders. Stay tuned for more to come!
- TMA launched the Louis T. Fiore Electronic Communications Scholarship in late 2022 to honor Mr. Fiore’s enduring contribution to the alarm industry and the Alarm Industry Communications Committee (AICC). The scholarship is intended to promote careers in electronic communications. Applications for the first presentation are now being accepted.
- The 2023 TMA/SSI Marvel Award, in partnership with Security Sales and Integration magazine (SSI) was awarded to National Monitoring Center (NMC). The 2023 TMA/SDM Excellence Awards drew a combination of entries from small-to-medium and enterprise-sized member companies. 2023 winners included: Monitoring Center of the Year – Enterprise: CPI Security; Monitoring Center of the Year – SMB: Statewide Security; Monitoring Center Manager of the Year: Fiore Ayala, Rapid Response Monitoring; Monitoring Center Operator of the Year: Samantha Marzili, COPS Monitoring; and Monitoring Center Support Person of the Year: Brian DeCarlo, Rapid Response Monitoring. The application period for the 2024 awards opens Oct. 15, 2023.
- TMA has published the spring and summer issues of TMA Dispatch magazine and 38 issues of TMA Signals weekly e-newsletter. Engagement in TMA’s social media communities, which include LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, have continued to grow in 2023.
- TMA’s Board for Directors has approved the new dues structure proposed by the Membership Committee and TMA staff. The new structure is based on methodology that standardizes annual dues levels and dues increases. The revised structure ensures that the same standard is applied across similar membership categories. We are confident that it has resulted in positive changes for all current and future members. View the new structure HERE.
- TMA continues to issue certificates for the FirstNet National Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN), with 54 companies participating in the program and 48 certificates issued so far this year.
- TMA’s Installation Quality Certification Program “IQ Certification,” the only quality control program for installations, maintenance and service of electronic security systems is growing with 14 IQ-certified companies.
TMA would like to acknowledge and thank our many volunteers; your efforts allow us to succeed in elevating the professional monitoring industry. With your continued support and engagement, we look forward to another productive year.