Learn more about TMA-AVS-01; it’s industry-wide implementation; and how monitoring center automation software providers are responding:
TMA Automation Summit
March 28, 2023 | Las Vegas, NV
In-person & Virtual
Committee Chair: Mark McCall
Committee Co-Chairs: David Holl, Larry Folsom
TMA-AVS-01 provides a standardized method of creating an alarm scoring or classification metric for unauthorized human activity detected by alarm systems that will assist law enforcement with resource allocation and Call for Service prioritization.
It establishes standardized methods for calculating an alarm score, or classification level, that results in a repeatable metric that estimates the validity or potential threat level of a burglar alarm activation using historical and real-time data.
Once completed and implemented, calls for Service to Emergency Communications Centers (ECCs)/Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) will include a standardized scoring metric that will assist public safety departments with their alarm response policies.
- Alarm Level 0 – No Call for Service
- Alarm Level 1 – Call for Service with limited to no additional information
- Alarm Level 2 – Call for Service with confirmed or ‘highly probable’ human presence with unknown intent
- Alarm Level 3 – Call for Service with confirmed threat to property
- Alarm Level 4 – Call for Service with confirmed threat to life
ANSI/TMA AVS-01 2023 Alarm Validation Scoring (AVS) Standard Download
Download Appendix Files