NFPA 730 is a guide. As such, it recommends what types of occupancies should have security systems. There is concern of this document becoming a standard. The Monitoring Association (TMA) will continue to lobby for NFPA 730 to remain a guide.
NFPA 731 is a standard for the installation requirements of security systems.
Current Edition: 2020
Next Edition: 2023
Revision Cycle: Fall 2022
- Public Input Closing Date: January 6, 2021
- First Draft Report Posting Date: October 27, 2022
- Public Comment Closing Date: January 5, 2022
- Second Draft Report Posting Date: October 5, 2022
Motions Committee Report (NITMAM)
- NITMAM Closing Date: November 2, 2022
- NITMAM Posting Date: December 14, 2022