Guardian Protection Services is CSAA Central Station of the Year
CSAA Excellence Awards: 2015 Central Station of the Year is …
Guardian Protection Services
Three Individuals at CSAA Member Companies Also Recognized for Performing at the Highest Level
VIENNA, VA (July 8, 2015) – CSAA International announced the winners of the CSAA 2015 Excellence Awards on June 25 at the Electronic Security Expo (ESX) in Baltimore, MD. The winners are:
- Central Station of the Year: Guardian Protection Services
- Central Station Support Person of the Year: Kyle Johnson, DMC Security Services
- Central Station Operator of the Year: Susan Farris, Security Central Inc.
- Central Station Manager of the Year: Randy Ambrus, Cooperative Response Center
“The entire Guardian Protection Services team is honored to receive this prestigious recognition,” said Mike Overby, vice president of customer service. “The Central Station of the Year Award embodies CSAA’s dedication to the electronic security industry and exemplifies the unwavering effort of each Guardian employee in the pursuit of the delivery of unparalleled excellence. I want to commend Guardian’s Central Station teams, led by Jason Bradley, Guardian’s Director of Central Station Operations; I know that they are especially proud and humbled by this award.”
The CSAA Central Station Excellence Awards recognize FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL or UL-listed central stations and outstanding personnel that perform in the highest professional manner, thereby making a significant contribution to the betterment of the alarm industry and the alarm profession while demonstrating exceptional service to their customers and community. Entries are judged by a blue-ribbon panel appointed by CSAA.
The CSAA Central Station Excellence Awards Program is co-sponsored by SDM. The finalists and winners were announced by Laura Stepanek, SDM editor, at a special breakfast event during ESX.
“The purpose of our awards program is to establish and promote the inherent value of central station services in general, to honor those who have made the most significant contributions to the service, and to promote the distinct level of professionalism attained by NRTL-approved central stations,” said Jay Hauhn, CSAA Executive Director. “The electronic security industry has so many companies and individuals providing superior service to those who count on our protection; our Excellence Awards recognize those that particularly stood out this year. We congratulate our nominees, finalists and winners on their accomplishments, which are a testament to the quality of our industry every day.”
An in-depth report about the Excellence Awards winners will appear in the August issue of SDM and the fall issue of CSAA Dispatch. Read on for the complete list of nominees and finalists.
Support Person of the Year Nominees
- Marcha Moni-Erigbali, Ackerman Security Services
- Mike Saxer, Amherst Alarm, Inc.*
- Laura Mellang, Cooperative Response Center
- Jesse T. Hall, COPS Monitoring*
- Erich Jackson, Diebold Security
- Kyle Johnson, DMC Security Services*
- Melissa Jones, Protection 1
Operator of the Year Nominees
- Tonya Mackson, Ackerman Security Systems
- Alex Doll, Amherst Alarm, Inc.*
- Tiffany Miller, Cooperative Response Center*
- Chantel Northrup, COPS Monitoring
- Betty Myers, DMC Security Services
- Beth Cadman, FE Moran
- Lisa Pierson, Protection 1
- Susan Farris, Security Central Inc.*
Manager of the Year Nominees
- Christine Jones, Ackerman Security Systems*
- Rick Whalen, Amherst Alarm, Inc.
- Randy Ambrus, Cooperative Response Center*
- Elle Daley, COPS Monitoring
- Bob Boland, Custom Alarm*
- Karen Huntley, FE Moran
- Amy Cooper, Protection 1
Central Station of the Year Nominees
- Ackerman Security Systems
- Amherst Alarm, Inc.
- Cooperative Response Center
- F E Moran*
- Fifth Third Bank
- Guardian Protection Services*
- Protection 1*
- Universal Atlantic Systems
About CSAA International
The Central Station Alarm Association International (CSAA) is an internationally-recognized non-profit trade association that represents professional monitoring companies that are listed by a CSAA-approved Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory, such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL or UL. CSAA is legally entitled to represent its members before Congress and regulatory agencies on the local, state and federal levels, and other authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) over the industry. Since its incorporation in 1950, CSAA has served its members’ interests through education, online training, meetings and conventions, certification, insurance, and industry standards. www.csaaintl.org. For more information, contact Elizabeth Lasko at CSAA, 703-242-4670 x 16.