CSAA Government Relations Activity Report
The CSAA Government Relations Committee has reviewed 31 legislative bills to date in 2017. During these reviews Chair Rick Sheets has collaborated with ESA Government Relations and CSAA members to gain insight on the effect these bills have on our industry.
Here are some bills the GR Committee felt had major impacts.
- AL LRS2017-573 (Pre
Introduction): Creates additional license classification and updates definitions, more information to come soon.
- TX 85R HB 3115 FIL: Changes to TDPS Title 1702.061, Occupations Code, currently under review.
- MD HB 1368: a bill with significant potential impact to low-voltage electrical work, eliminates local licensing requirements for electrical contractors and pushes all licensing and regulatory control to the State Board of Master Electricians. A hearing is scheduled for HB 1368 before the House Committee on Economic Matters, March 6, 2017 at 1:00pm. More information to come soon.
- CT SB 822: Adds protections to senior citizens, ending contract obligations at time of death, increasing contract font size and increasing time for right of recession for citizens over the age of 65.
- NJ public notice 344(a): CEDIA has petitioned the Board of Electrical Contractors (Board) to amend N.J.A.C 13:31 – 4.1 to add a new exemption for the design, installation, integration, erection, repair, maintenance, or alteration of products that transport voice, video, audio, and data signals in residential premises.
- OK SB 531: Reduces licensing hurdles for multiple licenses for companies and its employees to be able to sell and install home automation products that are controlled by a residential burglar alarm system.
“It is important that members are engaged in the process to protect their business and viability in the market place,” said Sheets. If you would like any additional details on these bills or have any input you would like to submit, he can be contacted at email@example.com .
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!