New event just announced! Oregon requires that all central stations that monitor accounts in the state of Oregon have a licensed Executive Manager in addition to a licensed manager/supervisor who directly supervises Oregon certified alarm monitoring operators. The Department of Public Safety Standards and Training will deliver the mandated Private Security Alarm Manager and Alarm Instructor Courses on Wednesday, November 12, 8:00 am-1:30 pm. in Sarasota in conjunction with CSAA Fall Operations Management Seminar.
Successful completion of the appropriate course(s) meets the Oregon training requirements for new or renewal licensure as an Alarm Executive Manager, Alarm Supervisory Manager or Alarm Instructor.
There is no cost for the course. Participants share equally in the instructor-related travel expenses.
Registration: Pre-registration is required. To register for the course, mail your application packet* and fees to DPSST at 4190 Aumsville Highway SE, Salem, OR 97301. Be sure to note the desired training date on the application or contact DPSST at 503-378-8531. Note: If there are an insufficient number of students registered for each class, the class will be canceled and registrants will be notified.
*See the DPSST website for application information and forms.
Have you registered yet for “Fall Ops”?
CSAA 2014 Fall Operations Management Seminar
November 9-11 in Sarasota, FL
This year’s theme, Everything is Connected, means the education sessions focus on the way advances in the connected home and other interactive services have changed (or not!) operations in the monitoring center.
Fall Ops 2014 attendees will tour the recently-constructed operations center of All American Monitoring (a CSAA Five Diamond central station) and meet the owners and staff who are changing the game in dealer relations and contract monitoring.
Hightlights and Focus Areas:
- The Connected Home and Implications for Training
- Super Session: Training Best Practices in Video Verification
- Customer Care for Connected Home: Inside or Outside the Central?
- Promoting a Strong Customer Service Ethic
- False Alarm Management in the Age of the Internet of Things
- Roundtables: How to Make the Most of Digital Natives in the Central Station
- Data Integrity and Connected Devices
- Top Five Connected Home Metrics
- Moderated open forum
- Tour of All American Monitoring central station
Use the links below to find out more about Fall Ops and register today!
- View the complete preliminary program
- Registration and housing links
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.