TMA received some positive updates on Oct 3 regarding Marco Island and the JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort. We wanted to share some of the highlights with you.
- The resort sustained no structural damage.
- The resort was able to get power, internet & cell service restored over the weekend.
- Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) announced they are opening back up this Wednesday (earlier than originally communicated). The highway from the airport to Marco Island is open and there are no difficulties getting on and off the island.
- The hotel wants to express that they aren’t losing sight of what happened in Fort Myers Beach or those communities surrounding that area, and that they feel truly blessed that they were able to come out of this in a very lucky situation.
- The hotel has a commitment to the city and the above-mentioned areas to host recovery rooms (think power, cell companies, etc.) until Oct 12. Following that they will reopen for business as usual.
- Realizing that there is no better way to show just how things are than through real time photos, the hotel will be releasing pictures in the coming days. TMA will make those photos available when we receive them.
- Further, the hotel wishes to express that they are anxious to get back to hosting leisure and group travel and they greatly appreciate the well wishes and support from their guests that allows their associates to get to back to “normal”.
- The hotel will extend the TMA room block cutoff date until Thursday, October 13. Please be aware that rooms will be limited as 96% of TMA’s block has already been reserved.
Thank you to everyone for their patience as TMA gathers important information about Marco Island and the JW Marriott regarding our 2022 Annual Meeting. We look forward to being with you all later this month.