TMA Signature Series Webinars
About Our Webinars
TMA educational webinars are attended by security professionals at every level, not only in North America but worldwide. Webinars provide up-to-the minute information vital to the dynamic alarm industry. Topics span the range from marketing to personnel to industry trends to legislative and regulatory changes.
Registration is subject to verification and approval. Don’t see your topic? Please let us know. Send all questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Train. Motivate. Advance.
Minimize your Cyber Risk – SAVE THE DATES!
TMA is pleased to announce a four-part Cybersecurity webinar series, taught by Ryan Fritts, Vice President of Product and Information Security, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for ADT. The course is designed for Monitoring Center IT staff interested in the latest developments in threat management. Participants will learn how to mitigate external attacks and insider threats.
- Thursday, Nov 7 – Webinar #1: Cybersecurity Baselines (Compliance, baseline security requirements)
- Thursday, Nov 21 – Webinar #2: Vulnerabilities & Risk Management
- Monday, Dec 2 – Webinar #3: Social Engineering (The Human Threat Element)
- Monday, Dec 9 – Webinar #4: Data Breaches (Forensic and legal perspectives around cyber and crisis communication)
- Non-members: $399 (4 sessions, exam, certificate); $110 each (a la carte)
- TMA Members: $279 (4 sessions, exam, certificate); $79 each (a la carte)
Save money by signing up for the series or select the topics that interest you. All webinars are from 3:00 – 4:30 pm EST on the dates below. The first hour will be instruction with a 30 minute Q&A to follow each session. To qualify for a certificate, attendees must attend all sessions and successfully pass an exam.
At registration, there will be a short knowledge quiz to help the instructor determine level of instruction on each topic.
About the instructor: Ryan Fritts is the Vice President of Product and Information Security, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for ADT, a $4.5B+ leader in physical security and electronic security monitoring. Ryan manages ADT’s global organizational policies, standards and controls in his realm of information security, privacy assurance and compliance. Ryan offers a strong, proven track record of improving operational security posture and has spent his career focusing on security, product, technology, and software delivery.
Visit TMA.us for more detailed information or email email@example.com.
Webinar #1 – Cybersecurity Fundamentals
This webinar will provide introduction to core information security concepts, standards-based cybersecurity frameworks, risk management approaches, and how to align them toward an organization’s operational security.We will cover importance of standards-based approaches to securing assets and data.
||Cybersecurity Frameworks / Standards
Webinar #2 – Red Team/Blue Team: Attacks and Defenses
Building upon core concepts, this will build upon Risk Management and Operational Security to focus on common attack vectors, and how to go about building a set of controls and policies around them to best protect your organization.
Webinar #3 – Right of Boom: Post-Incident Response
Building upon core concepts, and attack and defense strategies – this will focus on transition from a security event to an incident, and how to handle engage teams after an incident is declared, through business operations restored, and finally incident close-out
Webinar #4 – Into the Breach: Regulatory hurdles and implications for data breach
Building upon core concepts, and incident response – this will focus on handling an incident that is deemed to be a data breach, the regulatory landscape related to data breach obligations, safe harbors, etc.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA – US [California])
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – European Union)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA – Canada)
TMA is supporting the UL, LLC Alarm Certificate Services’ webinar series. Visit their website at UL.com/AlarmService to view a complementary webinar series offered by UL’s technical experts as they take an in-depth look at code-based solutions, for code authorities and alarm service companies, to improve the ongoing compliance of fire alarm systems. Click on the link below for session descriptions:
Please keep an eye on this page for dates for the following Webinar Topics currently in coordination.
UL 827 Update— Date pending finalization of standard update (Section 17). Session will cover how the new standard will affect their monitoring centers.
TMA Past Webinars
Interested in a recorded archive of a webinar? Please visit our Members Only page to download recordings. You will be required to log in to download.
- Cold Calling is Dead! How LinkedIn Can Fill Your Pipeline to Infinity and Beyond! | Sept 2019
- Five Proven Strategies to Land Business with Contractors and Property Managers | March 2019
- The Next Big Thing in RMR – Outdoor Video Detection | January 23, 2019
- How TMA Members Qualify for Hiring Credits & Incentives | Jan 10, 2019 [Event was not recorded due to constant update to content]
- Using AI to Ignore Nuisance False Positive Alerts | August 2018
- Alarm Industry Operating Metrics – Best In Class | March 2018
- Practical Uses of Analytics for Managing Your Business | Jun 2017
- Expanding Central Station Functions beyond Alarm Monitoring | May 2017
- Next Generation Firewalls | Feb 2017
- SD-WAN: What is it? And how can I use it to run a more efficient network? | Jan 2017 [NOTE: During the last 2 minutes there was a glitch with audio. No content is missing.]
- Cyber Security is a Business Risk (Not Just an IT Risk) | Nov 2016
- Employment Issues in your Central Station | Nov 2015
- Getting a Cyber Security Plan for your Central Station | July 2015
- Cyber Security Plan – The Nuts and Bolts of Getting Started | August 2015