TMA Signature Series Webinars
About Our Webinars
TMA educational webinars are attended by security professionals at every level, not only in North America but worldwide. Webinars provide up-to-the minute information vital to the dynamic alarm industry. Topics span the range from marketing to personnel to industry trends to legislative and regulatory changes.
Webinars are provided to TMA members at no cost. Registration is subject to verification and approval. Don’t see your topic? Please let us know. Send all questions and feedback to email@example.com
Train. Motivate. Advance.
Cold Calling is Dead! How LinkedIn Can Fill Your Pipeline to Infinity and Beyond! | Thurs, Sept 19, 2019 1:30 – 2:30 PM EDT
What do sales people all have in common? Not enough time in the day and the need for more leads! If used correctly, social selling via LinkedIn can be a force multiplier in reducing your cold calling, increasing your personal brand and generating more inbound leads. This session will walk you through the latest best practices in 2019 to ensure you aren’t invisible to your best prospects, open the flood gates with prospects and position yourself as the security expert in your market.
- Learning Objective #1: Discover what Social Selling is and how it can increase your security business’ sales pipeline.
- Learning Objective #2: Uncover your LinkedIn Social Selling Index, how you measure up and the exact steps to improve it.
- Learning Objective #3: Establish a sustainable approach to generate leads and referrals from within LinkedIn.
Speaker: David Morgan, Co-Founder/Vice President | Security Dealer Marketing
About the Speaker: Mr. Morgan brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise as the Co-Founder of Security Dealer Marketing. With a highly diverse background in marketing over the last 20 years he has managed marketing for some of the nation’s largest brands including: Experian’s FreeCreditReport.com®, United Online’s NetZero®, Adidas®, Proflowers® and Guthy-Renker®. Over the last 9 years his efforts have focused on implementing proven marketing strategies exclusively for the security industry working with over 280 dealers, integrators, manufacturers and industry solutions providers worldwide. You may have seen him speak at ESX, ISC West, Honeywell’s Connect, and PSA-TEC.
This event is sponsored by TMA’s MarComm Committee
Demystifying AI: How it works and the benefits for video monitoring
Artificial intelligence is one of the latest buzzwords to hit the security industry. More and more people are talking about it, but few have a solid understanding about how it actually works, whether it can be trusted and whether it has a positive or negative impact on security professionals.
By taking the fear out of AI, the goal is to demystify how modern Machine Learning algorithms work by giving you a simple, jargon-free breakdown. Learn about the strengths and the limitations of current approaches. Discover what this means in the real-world and how it can be applied to CCTV monitoring to improve efficiency for the entire ecosystem, from dealers and integrators to monitoring centers.
The Five Ws and How of AICC
Reserve your front row seat for this dive into the interworking of the Alarm Industry Communications Committee, or AICC. Discover the important role this organization plays in the fast-paced security sector and why it’s valuable for your company to get involved and stay connected. It’s all about knowledge and influence. Learn how AICC engagement positions your company to influence the outcome of legislation that may dramatically impact your future bottom line.
Speaker: Lou T. Fiore, Chair
TMA is supporting the UL, LLC Alarm Certificate Services’ webinar series. Visit their website at UL.com/AlarmService to view a complementary webinar series offered by UL’s technical experts as they take an in-depth look at code-based solutions, for code authorities and alarm service companies, to improve the ongoing compliance of fire alarm systems. Click on the link below for session descriptions:
Please keep an eye on this page for dates for the following Webinar Topics currently in coordination.
Best Practices in Signal Notification: How to Use Automation to Reduce Labor Costs
Cyber Security Webinar Series:
1. Cyber Security Best Practices (Secure Passwords | Malware | Privacy)
2. Data Breaches (Penetration Testing | Company Response)
3. Computer Safety (Patches & Updates | Device Control | Spoofing | Social Engineering)
4. Security Review (Mobile Protection | Embedded Systems | Online Scams)
UL 827 Update— Date pending finalization of standard update (Section 17). Session will cover how the new standard will affect their monitoring centers.
TMA Past Webinars
Interested in a recorded archive of a webinar? Please visit our Members Only page to download recordings. You will be required to log in to download.
- Five Proven Strategies to Land Business with Contractors and Property Managers | March 2019
- The Next Big Thing in RMR – Outdoor Video Detection | January 23, 2019
- How TMA Members Qualify for Hiring Credits & Incentives | Jan 10, 2019 [Event was not recorded due to constant update to content]
- Using AI to Ignore Nuisance False Positive Alerts | August 2018
- Alarm Industry Operating Metrics – Best In Class | March 2018
- Practical Uses of Analytics for Managing Your Business | Jun 2017
- Expanding Central Station Functions beyond Alarm Monitoring | May 2017
- Next Generation Firewalls | Feb 2017
- SD-WAN: What is it? And how can I use it to run a more efficient network? | Jan 2017 [NOTE: During the last 2 minutes there was a glitch with audio. No content is missing.]
- Cyber Security is a Business Risk (Not Just an IT Risk) | Nov 2016
- Employment Issues in your Central Station | Nov 2015
- Getting a Cyber Security Plan for your Central Station | July 2015
- Cyber Security Plan – The Nuts and Bolts of Getting Started | August 2015