Types of Membership
TMA membership is divided into voting and non-voting classes. “Listed” is defined as any firm, corporation, or division of a corporation, for which participation in the installation, service, monitoring, and response to burglar and fire and/or other related alarms constitutes a significant portion of its business, which operates a central station that has been approved by FM, listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL), Intertek/(ETL) or other Association-approved NRTL.
- a. Listed Central Station – Regional Company
- b. Listed Central Station – National Company
- c. Listed Central Station – Contract Monitoring
- d. Listed Central Station – Proprietary
- a. Non-Listed Monitoring Company – Alarm (Remote Station, video, Residential-only etc.)
- b. Non-Listed Monitoring Company – Company with non-listed monitoring services that are primarily outside traditional fire and security monitoring
- c. Associate Member – Vendors whose business provides goods or services to monitoring companies
- d. Security Technology Services Provider – Company providing security services without their own central station
- e. International Member – Any business entity that offers security services exclusively outside of North America
- f. Press Member. Any business entity engaged in the business of writing, editing, or publishing any newspaper, magazine, book, or other print or broadcast media
- g. Consultant Member. Any person or business entity whose only activity in the security industry consists of the provision of consulting services to the members of the Association.
Applicants for each class of membership agree to conduct themselves and their businesses in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Association.
How to Apply for Membership
Applicants for membership, in each class, must submit a written application. To begin the application process please contact Celia Besore, Vice President of Membership and Programs, at 703-242-4670, Ext. 18, or firstname.lastname@example.org.