TMA Five Diamond Program
TMA Five Diamond Program
- What is the TMA Five Diamond Program?
- Why apply for TMA Five Diamond designation?
- Designation benefits and resources
- How to apply, renew, and obtain a Five Diamond plaque
- Message for Consumers: Why Five Diamond Recognition is Important
- TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Centers
What is the TMA Five Diamond Program?
TMA Five Diamond designation is granted annually to monitoring centers that satisfy all of the requirements of the five points of excellence:
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its central station operators certified using the TMA online training series.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
Why apply for TMA Five Diamond recognition?
TMA Five Diamond Certification provides a competitive edge for your company in the marketplace. Designation enables your company to display your status on your marketing materials, raising your status in the eye of the public. It improves your position with insurance companies and financial institutions, leading to favorable rates and discounts and increased valuations. Your company will also gain access to TMA-supplied resources and support that will help you advance your business, including opportunities to apply for prestigious association recognition.
- Read what TMA Five Diamond company executives say about the program.
- See a list of current TMA Five Diamond-designated companies.
- View the current TMA Five Diamond brochure (pdf)
2017 TMA Five Diamond Benefits and Resources
- Online Marketing Tool Kit to help you use your designation to promote your business. Current Five Diamond companies, email email@example.com for password.
- Coming in 2017 — Updated TMA Level 1 online operator training to better prepare your operators.
- TMA notifications regarding government and other RFPs.
- Annual TMA Five Diamond logo usage license.
- Updated year plate for your TMA Five Diamond plaque.
- Opportunity to apply for TMA Excellence awards and to host the Fall Operations Management Seminar, providing industry awareness and public recognition.
- Listing on the TMA website and in TMA Dispatch.
- Verification of status to the public when asked to vouch for your alarm company.
How to Apply (New Applicants)
Once a monitoring center has satisfied the requirements, submit the completed notarized Application Form with application fee ($250.00 U.S. annually per site location) to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Download this form and complete. Do not complete in browser.) Canadian companies are exempt from the Notary requirement.
How to Renew (Previously-Designated Companies)
Each TMA Five Diamond designation is valid for one year. Designation may be renewed by demonstrating:
- That all new operators hired since the initial designation have been trained through the TMA Monitoring Center Operator Online course.
- That TMA membership remains in good standing.
- A commitment to raising industry standards through participation in TMA activities.
Submit the completed, notarized Application Form, along with an updated copy of your FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL or UL certificate and renewal fee ($250.00 U.S. annually per site location) to email@example.com . (Note: Download this form and complete. Do not complete in browser.) Canadian companies are exempt from the Notary requirement.
How to obtain a TMA Five Diamond plaque
Each plaque is $275.00 plus shipping costs, if any. Visit TMA’s online shopping portal to order your plaque. Year plates are provided at no charge to companies upon renewal of designation (one per site location).
Questions? Contact TMA Member Services, at 703-242-4670, ext. 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org.